Thursday, November 18, 2010

[Cyworld interview] The original idols Shinhwa: The return of Shin Hyesung and Eric! (Pt 2 of 2)

Tell us more about your upcoming plans.

> Shin Hyesung
First of all I’ll be releasing my digital single, and then hold a concert in December, I want to repay everyone who waited for such a long time by preparing a great concert. This concert has a slightly unusual meaning behind it. The concert venue this time is where I held my first fanmeeting and I wanted a concert where I can interact more closely with fans, which is why the concert is named “Close To You”. I hope for your participation and support. Next year I’ll also be releasing my 4th album, which I’m currently preparing for right now and I hope you’ll show a lot of support for that. Please also support the single “Hello and Goodbye”. Thank you.

> Eric
I’m currently in the midst of filming for “Poseidon”, which is my first drama after my discharge from military service. To show my gratitude to the fans who have been waiting for me, I will do my best for the drama. Please watch out for it.

Which of Shin Hyesung’s songs does he want to recommend to Cyworld members?

Although I’d like to recommend all the songs that I’ve released so far, if I had to pick I’ll choose: “First Person” and “Island” from “The Beginning, New Days”; “Because It’s You” and “Love Actually” from “Live and Let Live”; and “Why Did You Call” from “Keep Leaves”.

Firstly, “First Person” featured a sampling of Bach’s “Air on the G String”, and is a track from the second album which seemed to resonate better with the masses. “Island” is a composition by composer Vink (Im Hyung Bin), and I remember liking the song very much the first time I heard it.. Because we can relate so well to each other musically, we’re very good partners. It is also through this song that we met for the first time. ^^

The next recommendation is “Because It’s You” from “Live and Let Live”.. This song is also written by Vink. Through this album I tried out various genres of songs, particularly Brit Rock which was different from my usual ballads, and showed a new side of me musically. This is what this song means to me. Also from the same album, “Love Actually” is not only written by Vink, but also featured him on the track as well. It’s a song that describes the excitement of meeting a girl whom you’ve fell for at first sight, and it has a very adorable feel to it. I personally like this song very much.

Lastly, I’d like to recommend “Why Did You Call”. Fans who like my ballads especially love this song… I still remember filming the MV in Sapporo with actress Lee Young Ah. Although filming was tough in the cold weather, but the music video was beautifully shot and suited the song very well. I hope everyone can take a listen to the song again, and rewatch the music video too.

The top 5 songs that Shin Hyesung likes to listen to

> Stevie Wonder – Part Time Lover
This is a famous song so many people should know this song, and I’ve liked listening to this song since I was young. I’ve rearranged the song with a funky beat for the concert and the response has been good. It’s hard to explain, it’s just a really great song

> Jason Mraz – Butterfly
Jason Mraz first got famous in Korea because his song was used in a commercial here. I myself started noticing him after hearing his song during the CF. Out of all the acoustic songs this song is the catchiest. Though it’s pop, when I listen to it, the melody has a lot of mass appeal and the arrangement has a funky rhythm to it, it’s a very upbeat song.

> David Foster – White Christmas
Although there have been many Christmas albums released so far, I’d like to recommend to everyone a song released in 1995, “White Christmas” by the respected musician David Foster. You can feel the warmth of Christmas even when you listen to it in summer, so it’s a song that is suitable for all 4 seasons.

> Blue Brand Trauma Part 2 Supreme Team – Because Of You (Feat. Soulman)
This is a song by Kim Geon Woo, who’s also behind “Hello and Goodbye”, and is featured on the project album “Blue Brand”. After hearing it by chance, I thought that it’s indeed a song by Kim Geon Woo. Vocalist Soulman’s charming voice is very addictive, and listening to this upbeat hiphop track in this cold weather it will be good to move your curled-up body to the beat.

> Yoo Jae Ha – Because I Love You
Someone you will think of when November comes along… It’s a really famous song that probably doesn’t require much introduction. When listening to this song does your heart become choked with emotion? Although many singers have covered this song before, I still think the original version is the best. It’s especially suitable for the fall season, while you’re waiting for winter to arrive.
(my personal recommendation too – an absolutely beautiful song…)

Credits: Cyworld + Absolut Shinhwa

No comments: