Wednesday, August 20, 2008

[08.08.20][trans] Ceci Sep 08 - Good Bye Mun Jung Hyuk

What a pity, yet another gorgeous actor is about to enlist for military duty. We're already missing Gong Yoo's cute dimples and Sung Shi Kyung's sweet voice. Now we're about to lose Eric with his beautiful eyes to the army too, where's the fun in that? We should hold a "Protect The Gorgeous Men" protest in front of the City Hall.

When I saw Eric's minihompy, I laughed for quite a while. When my editor told me that "we might be doing a photo spread for Eric", I quickly opened my Internet Explorer to find out more recent news about him. I typed in "Mun Jung Hyuk" and "Eric" in the search field, but that only led me to the minihompy of 오빠야 (oppa yah). Oh my god! The owner of this minihompy is 오빠야....

The waiting time of 3 months was really too long, and when I was about to give up, Eric's management finally said OK to the photo spread. I chuckled nervously. I was going to meet the Shinhwa member most well known to be a prankster, the 4th dimensional idol to his fans, Mun Jung Hyuk. It was shocking, but it was going to become reality.

Eric only finished the filming for Strongest Chil Woo in the wee hours of the morning, and when he rushed over to the studio from Mungyeong he was looking really tired. As his hair is usually in a topknot for his character, he came without getting his hair styled, and he puffs away on his Marlboros with stubble lining his lips and chin.

What should I say to him? What if he isn't nice?

Approaching his 30s, he is already an Asian star. (Just as he often says, "Back from the Asian tour!"). When I reach the studio, I pace up and down nervously.

"Eric, that's the expression!"

He opens his eyes, "Huh? This painful expression? Eii~" (with his thumb pointing downwards). His tone lightens up. "It's a little awkward, but I'll do it."

He takes a step backwards. Compared to seeing him yawn and stretch, I can see his face more clearly now.

Suddenly I remembered his comment in another interview, "Don't be arrogant, be confident, and pray everyday." Unlike my unease, Mun Jung Hyuk is honest and straightforward. The photographer instructs him to put on his jacket, take it off, smile, blink. He follows the instructions accordingly and it wasn't hard to see that he's humble with a great attitude.

"I wanted to enlist after the 10th anniversary concert, but I really like the script a lot so I decided to work on it. Strongest Chil Woo is a drama that I really wanted to be in, even though it's my first sageuk drama and it's stressful. I watched related movies and dramas and tried to learn from them. When I start on a role, I want to do my best and completely immerse myself into the character. Of course I'll feel sad when it's over but I did my best."

"The date of enlistment hasn't exactly been fixed, but if there's some time after filming ends, I'd like to do something before I enlist. It will be great if I could meet the fans up close. I'll like to go to Busan since many fans are in Busan."

"How do I feel about enlistment? I've been asked about this a lot. If that's the question, I feel bad about it. As a male citizen of Korea, it's only right to serve the country. I feel bad having to delay enlistment due to work schedules. When I get back in 2 years' time, I'd like to perform my best in both acting and music. Aren't I 50% Mun Jung Hyuk, 50% Eric? Just like always. I'll be putting all this on hold for a while, but I'll work hard and prepare to come back as a better Eric and Mun Jung Hyuk."


Source: ev & ceci
Chi trans: 丢丢+饼干@情投E赫
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: