Sunday, August 24, 2008

[08.08.22][news] Eric: I've achieved all my objectives for Strongest Chil Woo

Actor Mun Jung Hyuk (Eric) shared his thoughts about the filming of KBS2 drama Strongest Chil Woo at the wrap-up celebration party on 20 August at a restaurant in Yeouido, where he expressed his sense of satisfaction about the drama, "It seems that all the goals I set for myself at the beginning of the filming have all been achieved."

Eric said, "This was my first KBS drama, and my first sageuk drama, that in itself I've already accomplished two goals."

"Actually, as I have a recurring back injury, I already declined several projects as I was thinking that I should try doing other things rather than to aggravate the injury. But the people around me encouraged and motivated me."

"If I decided to rest because it was getting tough, I think it would have become more difficult for me if I rested any longer. When we first started, my back was giving me trouble. But after the training, I can now do simple stunts like horseriding. It feels good."

Eric then talked about his three wishes when he agreed to take part in the drama, "I hoped for health, I hoped for my spirits to be lifted and I hoped for the people who have supported and protected me all this while will be happy."

"Before we started filming I said that I hoped for the ratings to hit 15%, and although it was the Olympics and other reasons that helped us to achieve that, but we achieved that goal anyway. My back is getting better too. An average of 11%-12% of Korean viewers were tuning in, and although I can't say I'm 100% satisfied but yes, we've achieved what we set out to do."

Not exactly without a tinge of regret, Eric added "I did hope for more support for the drama. Although we can't say that there was a consistent review of whether we did well or not, but it's good that no one was hurt by the remarks. Although the results were less than desired in Korea, but I hope that it will do better overseas."

Eric also talked about his post-filming plans before he enlists for military service, "Firstly we'll be going on a short trip together. (Jeon) Noh Min hyung can't join us because he has to start on his new weekend drama, but the rest of us are planning for a short vacation together."


Source: moneytoday
Chi trans: 丢丢@情投E赫
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: