Thursday, August 21, 2008

[08.08.20][Trans] JunJin Interview with DCNews - "Come up to me!" [Part 1]

5 hours 20 minutes ... until the Department of Art's rising star JunJin could manage a meeting with us. The interview took only one hour but JunJin also promised a longer meeting next time. From his forehead to the neck flowing the sweat, he smiled looking at the burst of flashbulbs and fixed his microphone. With such a huge popularity gaining from various online programs, TV shows, and music performances, the singer admitted "Don't have a proper day to rest in these busy days", and that is not a lie.


After the ceremony held in the Grand Ballroom at Seoul Hyatt Hotel on the 13th, the title "A1 Korean Ambassador" could be added to meet him. The popular singer modeled the new designs of "Il Sang Bong fashion", receiving a lot of applause for the hot catwalk as well as the last performance of "Wa", finishing promotional season of that song.


JunJin's popularity nowadays is attached with the nickname "Junstin Jinberlake". His stage performances for the title song "Wa" in May with the distinctive hairstyles and exceptional costumes have caught the attention of netizens. The audience related him to US pop star Justin Timberlake, hence, the nickname "Junstin Jinberlake" was born. His stunning shows are making a boom over the internet and the dancing moves have been imitated countless times by both netizens and other celebrities.


Idol JunJin was once member of the legendary group Shinhwa. This year besides the mark of 10th year from the debut time, his solo album also generated a new wave of success and popularity. "Junstin Trend" floods the media, but many people still want to discover his inner side.



Name: JunJin (Park Choong Jae)
Occupation: Singer
DOB: August 19, 1980
Affiliation: Group Shinhwa
Agent: OpenWorld Entertainment
Family: Father Charlie Park
Debut: Shinhwa's 1st album in 1998


--- What do you think about "Junstin" craze over the internet and the media? You seem to acknowledge that, I can see from various interviews you have done. How do you feel about the impact of that nickname?

JunJin: Teenagers's creativity is unpredictable, isn't it? *laughs* I think that's a very intelligent way of nicknaming, and it has made good effect. The burden remains with a strong image of an old idol while allowing a closer and more friendly approach to new audience's generation.



--- If so, I think you are aware of the existence of Milwaukee Mile. Have you ever visited there ? *Kim: Milwaukee Mile is DCInside, a digital camera site, a "Trend setter" in Korea, which allows users to create and exhibit their photo galleries.*

JunJin: Yes, I know about it. But in fact, I don't often surf the internet these days so I'm not much aware.



--- Then do you know about the Shinhwa's gallery? Shinhwa's fans users left there their cams pictures and they asked me to ask you about that.

JunJin: I haven't heard of it, I haven't gone inside that gallery. Well ... webcam pictures ... I will visit it when the opportunity comes in the future. I'm not going to give you the answer now but I will when time comes. Tell them that so that they won't get angry of you because of breaking the promise.

--- Sexy pop star JunJin, do you know that your nickname "Junstin Jinberlake" was the inspiration for a popular comedy cartoon gallery created by MM's user?

JunJin: Oh. This is the first time I heard about that.

--- I just want to ask about the female artist who seeded the idea of your nickname. The netizens previously mentioned SNSD's members who involved themselves in a scandal by making fun of your "Wa" moves.

JunJin: Oh, I know about that. It had been mistaken.


--- MBC's program "Golden Fishery" was the first program in which you were asked about Junstin Jinberlake. Frankly, the first time you heard the nickname, how do you feel?

JunJin: Well I heard the of that nickname the first time in my office when the staffs showed me the article mentionning it. How did I feel? Honestly, I just think it came from a friendly idea. But I will soon have a chance to perform on stage as "Junstin Jinberlake" this 23th August for Mnet 20's Choice Awards. Perhaps from the moment you see it until the end of the performance, you cannot take your eyes off the stage. *laughs*. You can expect it to be good, so please pay attention.

--- Recently, you song "Wa" has been imitated and remixed and used for various intentions. How do you think about that?

JunJin: I actually saw "Wa" danced by other people. At first glance, I thought "Wow, that's pretty good.". I think the remixed versions are tolerable.



--- Until now it's just the "title" so it's alright. If a person within MM composes parodies using that name, would you mind?

JunJin: Well I haven't directly seen the content of the gallery. I think I'll look at it with the transparent mind without thinking it was me. *laughs*

--- How is the reaction of Shinhwa's members and surrounding people about "Junstin" ?

JunJin: Well, everyone thinks it's fun. Members are also very interested. *laughs*


Credit: DCNews - Oceans Six - Korean/English: LetSayEden @ Shinhwa.biz

No comments: