Tuesday, August 26, 2008

[08.08.24][news] Eric, "After the Drama Started I Praying Everyday Out of Fear"



Eric, no Moon Jung Hyuk, who starred in KBS2 TV's "The Mighty Chil Woo" has wrapped up the drama quietly. Although, not surpassing the average rating of 10% of viewers, he is satisfied with the drama as it is his last project before entering the army. Eric clasping his hands said, "Everything is done."

I met Eric on the set of the drama and asked him if he had any regrets. He replied, "I didn't want to have regrets so I wanted to do all that I can. When I started (the drama), I put aside all the expectations."

When Eric was approached with starring in "The Mighty Chil Woo", he considered it twice. With the impending entry into the army, his back was a big consideration. With thoughts about the demands that the back will have to take for the drama, he thought, "I absolutely can not do it."
However, with much consideration and thought, he got the courage to do the drama. After deciding to take part in it, the work became easy to do. "I thought if I had negative thought that it would hinder me. Thinking that I can do it helped me. People have referred me to places where I can get effective treatment for my back and I have received good results from them."


Even in the drama, "Que Sera Sera", there was a scene where he needed to lift the actress Jung Yoo Mi. However, due to his back, he wasn't able to do that scene. He talked to the director explaining the his inability to do that scene. During Shinhwa's 10th anniversary concert, it was very difficult for him. Initially, he thought, "The Mighty Chil Woo" would be fun to do but knowing the physical demands of the drama made him steer away from doing it.
However, with much consideration and thought, he got the courage to do the drama. After deciding to take part in it, the work became easy to do. "I thought if I had negative thought that it would hinder me. Thinking that I can do it helped me. People have referred me to places where I can get effective treatment for my back and I have received good results from them."

Eric, "As I will be serving as a public service duty officer, however, I was a bit worried about the training part. As he shot "The Mighty Chil Woo", his health improved. He did the action scenes and he felt like he will be just fine receiving training as he starts his service.

In the beginning, 15% viewer rating was expected as this is his last project before entering the army. This is his first drama for KBS thus he has done dramas for the 3 major networks. He said, "Whenever you do a drama, it's natural to want as many people to see it. Not because I am the lead actor but I do feel a bit of a burden seeing all the people involved with the drama."

Not only fear but laziness can limit a person. Eric said, "For first drama "I'm Running", as I started filming I prayed everyday. Fearing that I would not do well. In the beginning, I worked hard and gave it my all but laziness set him thinking just how much more can I do as an actor." Given this chance to this drama, he wanted to once again give it his all.

Even on this day, we can't go without talking about Shinhwa. "Until the day comes when people want Shinhwa to disband, we will stay together. Unlike when we started, we are just pursuing our individual work at this time." As actors and singers, we will be working to the end for sure.

source: oceans-six
translator: [email]HappyHeart7@shinhwa.biz

No comments: