Friday, August 29, 2008

[08.08.29][trans] Part 2: Life... Andy is "actually very dull in real life"

Through MBC's We Got Married, Andy has established an image of an adorable, thoughtful An-sobang who puts on an apron to do the cooking and chores. In reality, Andy is a much more serious and reticent individual.


Q: Would you take up a role that requires you to be the adorable perfect man in a big budget drama or movie?

A: It depends, I might take up the challenge! (laughs)


Q: You do seem rather suited to play kind, gentle characters.

A: I'm human and there are times I get angry too. It's hard to believe 10 years has passed. Really, as artistes we are subject to the selection of producers and writers, and when I get mad I learn how to control my emotions, so after all this time I'm really good at it now, though I know it's not too good for health, that's why I fall sick often! (laughs)

I used to feel really trapped, but nowadays on programmes I don't try to hide my true self so much anymore. For some reason people are able to accept that. I guess gradually I'll get angry occasionally and make unexpected comments too.


Q: The show is really popular, but there are some worries that some have voiced out too. Is the Andy-Solbi factor one of the reasons behind the show's popularity?

A: Someone did say something like, Andy became popular because of Solbi. I just laughed til my tummy hurt. But I guess there's some truth to it, and I suppose she did help me in some ways. (laughs) But some of the older viewers really thought that we got married and asked me, "When do you intend to have children?" I got a shock! But they always give me kimchi, now there's a lot of kimchi in my refrigerator. (laughs)


Q: You're having a concert soon, aren't you? Which side of Andy are we going to see? The theme for your last concert was "The Miracles of June", is it because it's a miracle that Andy wants to sing? (laughs)

A: No, why do you say that! A lot of people seem to think that way, really, I'm the biggest victim here. (laughs) The theme for this concert is "Shall We Love?", I don't have many ballads or singalong songs in my repertoire so I might sing some songs from other singers.

Even if I can't compete with M's stage presence, I'll have a good time with everyone too. Everything is possible with M Style! (laughs) I can't compete with him, but I have a segment that's similar to his style, it's a secret! It could be a really embarrassing performance!


Q: Haven't you ever thought of taking on the "charisma" image?

A: Me! When I started on my solo album, I prepared the songs in 3 styles: ballad, live performance and singing along to the guitar. (laughs) If it was up to me I would have chosen the 3rd option, haha. I can't pull off performances like that. That's why I also hide in one corner!


Q: What would you say your actual character is like?

A: I'm not very humourous, I'm not really romantic, I'm just really ordinary. With my friends, I'm actually more dull and boring, I don't say much and I just go along with them.


Source: asiaeconomic
Chi trans: wangshu_1115@shinhwayeah.com
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: