Friday, August 01, 2008

[08.08.01][news] Andy: It's a different feeling being in a musical


"An-sobang" Andy (27) has once again emerged as a musical actor in Polaroid. His first show took place at a media preview at 3pm on 1 August at Freedom Theater in Daehangno. This is his second musical performance after Music In My Heart.

So what is it that attracts Andy to musicals? Andy says that musicals have a certain charm that pulls him in deeper and deeper.

"Although I've been performing as a singer for 10 years, the musical stage is something completely different from being on stage as a singer. It's very interesting being able to coordinate and work with the rest of the cast, and being together with the audience."

Andy hopes to be able to display his ability and charm as a musical actor.

In Polaroid, Andy plays Jung Ho, a 19-year-old guy who quietly stays by the side of the girl he is secretly in love with. "I'm playing a 19-year-old, but during rehearsals I gave people the feeling of a 30-year-old instead. The other actors and director pointed that out to me, which in fact was a good thing. They helped me see certain points I was unable to notice. That's a really good learning experience."

Andy will start appearing in his 2nd musical Polaroid from 3 August onwards.


Source: osen
Chi trans: yujin@bestshinhwa
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: