Monday, February 16, 2009

[09.02.16][news] Interview Part 2 - Shin Hye Sung, "Solo for a long time, lonely"

Among the members of Shinhwa, most recognized in the ballad genre, the main vocal, Shin Hye Sung. Unlike the playfullness when with the other members, the atmosphere is uniquely one of gentleness and good behavior. It would seem that he would always be best in love, but in reality he says of himself, "I'm just the usual solo guy."

"When I'm not singing, to me my feelings are very dry. Thinking about it, singing is a little lonely. Because it is lonely, either way is the ordinary. (laughs)"

Definitely likes the lyrics to "Why Did You Call" but in reality, this person in general can't call his parted lover.

"Everybody knows what regret is and the inability to give up (on their love). Someone who has to do so, if they drink alcohol then like that they dial the telephone number. I definitely did not want to do this so I definitely did not call. I wanted to so like crazy I didn't."

If it is like this, when drunk and lonely, what will Shin Hye Sung do? Sleep.

"Just if my mood is low, and I want to be lonely, I will drink and sleep, dismissing everything. I don't have any other thoughts"

For 10 years as an idol star, Shin Hye Sung has not had one scandal. Also, he rarely makes known of his personal life.

"I don't really get asked about my personal life. Also, in the past, there weren't many times when past stories came up that became big issues. I don't manage scandals on my side, really there weren't uncommon things. If there is someting that has to be handled, then it will be. (laughs)"

This person's hobbies are staying at home watching movies and playing galmes. Like this, it does not seem he will be a good, suitable bridegroom, but he emphasizes, "When a loved one appears, I have confidence I won't play games."

"My mother often tells me to go meet someone and get married. But I really can't do this. If I don't have a fateful meeting or something like that then it seems like I won't get married. I also have never gone on a blind date. If there is an okay person around and I come across then I will pretend. If some people are eating, and I pass buy, I will pretend and sit together (laughs).

Rather than go on blind dates to deal with the stubborn loneliness, chose to raise a puppy instead. For this album's jacket shooting, the puppy was included. Different than a romantic picture, in reality a total mess.


"I know how to raise a dog. In my sleek and tidy home, we play around together, and bobo. But actually, this is not so. When I sleep and wake up my face is frownling. There is a lot of poo (laughs) and i have have to walk around all this every morning, fill up hot water, call the puppy, and have to wash it! Currently, she is staying elsewhere for a short while."

This year, Shin Hye Sung also has a heavy schedule arranged. Activities for this album are about to start and they are in the midst of planning a concert. He is also concurrently having to carrying out activities in Japan. There is also a high likelihood of another album in the second half of the year.

"Originally, the album was to come out at the end of last year, but it came a little late. Fearing that winter would pass quickly, I worried. Even so, late winter is more biting, isn't it? For quite a while the trend has been idol music, but if for now people get hooked on ballads, it would be great."


이혜린 기자 rinny@asiae.co.kr
Eng trans: nekori@shinhwa.biz

No comments: