Monday, February 23, 2009

[09.02.22] Junjin: All 6 members of Shinhwa will definitely be back


Although the 6 Shinhwa members aren’t together now, but having Junjin alone is enough to ignite the passion of the Chinese fans.This time, Junjin makes his comeback, not as an entertainer or an actor, but as a solo singer, enthralling the Chinese fans with his best efforts at his first solo concert in China, held on 21st Feb.

At the pre-concert press conference, he expressed his regret, “I hurt my back during the concert preparations, and I had trouble sitting down during my flight here. There wasn’t a lot of time to prepare for the concert, and because I hope to give the fans as much as possible so I got too anxious for a moment there. It’s my first concert in China, and I’m feeling really bad about it.”

Nevertheless Junjin still put up a great performance, and there was no signs of his injury at all. Kicking off the concert with “Even If It’s a Thousand Times”, he brought the atmosphere up to a high with his powerful dance. After which he greeted his fans with his limited Chinese, saying to them, “Because it’s my first concert, I’m really nervous. I usually see everyone here together with the other members, but this is the first time I’m on the stage alone, so I’m nervous.”

On this day, Junjin also performed touching ballads such as “Painful Love”, “The Words of Love”, and an adorable dance routine with “Adorable”. He even performed trot singer Park Hyunbin’s “Shabang Shabang” and demonstrated his entertainment talent. Performing ballads, trot, dance music, the fans saw Junjin at his sexy, adorable, masculine best. Undoubtedly the highlight was the title track of his first solo album, “Wa”. He captured the attention of the fans with his distinct style of dance with strong rhythmic beats, and sent fans into a frenzy when he ripped his shirt off.

Junjin’s father, trot singer Charlie Park also appeared as a special guest. Father and son performed “Shabang Shabang” together, in addition they also performed Charlie Park’s “Casanova’s Love” from his first album. Charlie Park went on to perform two of his songs with dance routines that betrayed no signs of his age.


Charlie Park said, “As his father, I would like to thank all of you here for coming to support Junjin. Please continue to give more of your love to our Junjin.” He added, “I’ve also released a new album, and I won’t lose out to Junjin. Let this year be the year of Charlie Park.” The 5,000 plus Chinese fans responded with a loud cheer of “We love you too, abonim.” Despite the 30-minute delay due to the big crowd and poor weather, the fans remained in high spirits with their orange balloons.

For this, Junjin kept saying “Thank you” in his inaccurate Chinese, and said that he felt bad for his poor Chinese. He added, “I’m working hard to show another side of me in Infinite Challenge, and I’m also working on my new album. Please look forward to my new album in the middle of next month.”


Junjin also mentioned his fellow Shinhwa members, “Eric and Dongwan are now serving their military duties, Andy has been active with musicals and Hyesung and Minwoo are busy with their solo albums, and everyone’s getting on fine. You don’t have to worry about Shinhwa. When we get back together again, I hope everyone will come back to see us. Right now, althought it’s just me here tonight, but we’ll meet again when Shinhwa regroups again.” The song “The Words of Love” drew loud cheers from the crowd as Eric’s rap was heard and videos featuring him were played.

Nearing the end of the concert, Junjin said in Chinese, “It’s the 11th year since my debut, and I really have to thank the fans who have been supporting me, especially the Chinese fans who I haven’t been able to see frequently.”

The Chinese fans barely took their eyes and cameras off Junjin. The Chinese fans sang along when he sang a Mandarin song “Friends” a capella, and gave jealous screams when he danced close to his female dancers. Junjin ended the concert with an encore of “Love Won’t Come” to after performing for more than 2 hours.

Source: Mydaily
Chi trans: jojoyu7@shinhwachina
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@absolutshinhwa.wordpress.com

No comments: