Friday, February 27, 2009

[09.02.27] 11-year veteran singer Shin Hyesung: SNSD, they’re really pretty

26163603609_60800050



Unlike most singers with idol group beginnings, Shin Hyesung has not strayed from the path of singing, to acting or variety. He does only music. Shin Hyesung performs dance songs while he’s with Shinhwa but sticks stubbornly to ballads during his solo activities.

“I like ballads, so naturally I would sing ballads. I’m not prepared for acting just yet, and I don’t want to rush blindly into a new field of work. Variety shows to me are difficult to manage, because I’m not exactly an extrovert and I don’t have many skills, so it won’t be easy for me.”

As a singer with 11 years of experience, Shin Hyesung still gets nervous during interviews or when he’s on stage. “Perhaps people think that I should be used to it since I’ve been doing this for 11 years, but that’s not the case. The 11 years have been a great experience, but it’s not as if I don’t get nervous. The juniors and newcomers these days are really pretty good. Especially SNSD, they’re really pretty. (laughs)”

26163645343_60800050





Shin Hyesung shared an interesting incident with us. During a programme recording last year, the production team took extra care to place him in the same waiting room as Kim Gun Mo, who had once said that Shin Hyesung is the representative singer of the next generation. It’s clear that he has moved into the ranks of the veteran singers too.

Just like the past 11 years, Shin Hyesung has been incredibly busy this year too. Not too long ago he just visited Taiwan to promote his new album and an upcoming concert. Facing the fans who gave him an overwhelming welcome, Shin Hyesung feels only gratitude.

He has plans for an Asia concert tour in the first half of the year, and also to be more active in Japan. “Releasing albums, holding concerts and working hard to meet the fans. I don’t ask for much of my career, and I’m not really ambitious about doing things other than singing. I just want to keep singing while I can. There hasn’t been any change of plans so far, all I want to do is to show everyone the degree of change I had in Side 1.”

Source: CBS Nocut News
Chi trans: real@S.C.I.C
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@absolutshinhwa.wordpress.com

No comments: