Friday, February 27, 2009

[09.02.27] Shin Hyesung: Acting? Just singing alone keeps me very busy

Singer Shin Hyesung has no intention of taking up acting just yet.

With the recent surge of multi-entertainers in Korean showbiz, many singers have moved into dramas, movies and variety as well. In a recent interview with Edaily SPN, he was clear about what he wants. “It’s tough enough just to do my job as a singer well, I just want to focus on making music.”

To prove his intention of working hard at music, Shin Hyesung released Vol.3 Side 1 last August and has just released Side 2.

In Side 1 he tried out new genres of music that he has never attempted before, and to this he said, “Although I don’t know what the general sentiment is, but Side 1 is an album that I’m very satisfied with. Thanks to this album, I was able to come up with Side 2.” It’s clear that Shin Hyesung has a great deal of anticipation and confidence towards his new album.

“Even if by chance I do think of moving into new territory, it isn’t something that I can just do right away, isn’t it? To start on something new, I’ll definitely need time to adapt and to prepare. Rather than to multi-task, I’d prefer sticking to one thing and doing it well.”

Vol.3 Side 2 ‘Keep Leaves’ was released on 17th March, and the MV of the title track which was released beforehand became the most-searched item on major search sites. The album itself has also risen to the top of the Hanteo weekly and monthly charts.

Source: edaily SPN
Chi trans: real@S.C.I.C
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@absolutshinhwa.wordpress.com

No comments: