Friday, February 27, 2009

[09.02.27] Shin Hyesung: Memories of separation from 4 years ago; only loneliness remains now

26163320984_60800050



This is already the 11th year. Although he’s 30 this year, Shin Hyesung - who debuted as part of idol group Shinhwa - has already matured into a established veteran singer now.

Shin Hyesung has just released his latest album, Vol.3 Side 2 ‘Keep Leaves’. In his Vol.3 Side 1 released last year, we saw Shin Hyesung try his hand at Brit rock, and now he’s back to ballads in Side 2, an album that tells of unforgettable memories of love and separation.

The title track “Why Did You Call” is about a couple’s pain and longing after their separation, and just like the title says, it depicts the feelings one has when an ex-lover calls.

“Ballads seem to be really compatible with tales of separation. The last time I had to go through that was 4 years ago, and honestly just thinking about it, it was difficult to even sing. Now I can only feel loneliness. When fans hear the song, they should have the image of the couple each holding on to the receiver.”

The MV filmed in Sapporo is also very popular with the fans. Shin Hyesung and actress Lee Young Ah feature in the MV, set in a snow-white background, brimming with the bittersweet feelings of love. Though the final product is very beautifully filmed, Shin Hyesung and the crew went through quite a difficult time.

“There wasn’t a single staff member who didn’t suffer. The schedule was so packed that there wasn’t much free time, but because the Sapporo scenery is so beautiful, we just had to bear with it. I’ve had many concerts in Japan, but it was my first time in Sapporo, it’s really a beautiful place. When I have a girlfriend in future, I’ll definitely bring her here.”

The Shinhwa members all enjoy a great deal of popularity in Japan, and Shin Hyesung is no exception; he received a rousing welcome in Sapporo too. “There were fans at the airport to welcome me, and I didn’t expect that at all. Fans not from Sapporo headed down just to see me too, I’m really grateful to everyone for that.”

26163419734_60800050


This album contains 12 tracks and 10 songs. Wanted’s Kim Jae Suk, Vink, Kim Do Hyun and Ahn Young Min are among the songwriters and lyricists who contributed to the album. Shin Hyesung himself didn’t pen any songs, and for a singer with this much experience, one would have expected him to pen his own story down.

“Although I wanted to write something myself, I didn’t want to rush things. I want to take it slowly and learn what I need to, and then move on to show the most realistic side of me. I don’t think being a singer-songwriter is a prerequisite to being a singer. I’d like to let everyone hear my songs at the most appropriate time possible.”

Source: CBS Nocut News
Chi trans: real@S.C.I.C
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@absolutshinhwa.wordpress.com

No comments: