Tuesday, October 14, 2008

[08.10.12] [Trans] JunJin in Men Style Magazine October Issue

JUNJIN: HANDSOME SHINHWA

One of the six glamorous superstars from Korean super group Shinhwa, JunJin has finally held his first solo concert after 10 years in the business. The concert, which was held in September at the Melon-AX hall, was not only attended by fans from Korea, Japan and China, but also saw group members Min Woo and Dong Wan showing up to lend their support. In addition to wearing a mask while performing, JunJin also shed his clothes, showing off his well-chiseled muscles, causing his fans to scream non-stop.

Q: How do you train up your body? Also, which part of your body are you most satisfied with?

JJ: I love bowling and cycling, maybe because these are the simplest methods of exercise and as well as one of the best methods to train up the body. The part of my body that I am most satisfied with? I think it would be my arms which are big and strong. I remember when I debuted, holding a mike with the other group members, my hands and arms looked really good. I received a lot of compliments about my arms from the fans, so that’s why they are my favorite body parts.

Q: What would you consider as an ideal start to a perfect day for you?

JJ: Getting up early in the morning, taking a shower, and then having a warm breakfast with my family, this would be an ideal start to my day. After that, regardless of what tasks I have ahead of me, I’ll be able to complete them with a happy feeling in my heart. A day when you constantly feel happy is a perfect day.

Q: It has been 10 years since Shinhwa made its debut, what do you think is your biggest gain in these 10 years?

JJ: To me, the most important is that I have received a lot of love from so many people. Regardless of what happens in the end, the fact that the members and fans have been together throughout these 10 years, that is the biggest gain of all. I value that now more than ever. I will always have the same dream - that in the future, even after I am married and have children of my own, no matter how old I am, I hope the 6 of us will still be able to stand on stage together. That would be wonderful. When I think of that, it gives me a warm feeling inside. I gain strength from it and I don’t feel lonely even though I am now doing my solo activities.

Q: The members will soon be enlisting in the army. Your feelings about this must be very complicated.

JJ: It feels more and more depressing the closer the time comes for Shinhwa to serve in the army. When Eric enters the training camp on the 9th of October, I think I may cry.

Q: Personally taking on the role as model for the Dovoco website, what are your hopes in the managing of this website?

JJ: If I just use my artiste status as a mere signboard, the business will surely fail. I participate in every aspect of the business, from the selection of the merchandise to the management of the website. In the future, we will be planning a series of activities and a portion of the income from the website will be donated to charitable organizations.

Q: I’d like to ask a very interesting question, if you were a woman, which Shinhwa member would you pick to be your boyfriend?

JJ: (laughs) I won’t! I wouldn’t get into relationships with any other Shinhwa members… except for Shinhwa’s JunJin!

Q: Tell us briefly about your ideal woman.

JJ: Good-hearted, modest, courteous, respectful to elders, kind and gentle

Q: What’s your favorite Korean dish?

JJ: I love all Korean food, so if you really want me to choose, I’d say my favorite is Kimchi Soup and Bean Paste soup (???)

Q: We heard that JunJin fell in love with China, so we’re very curious, what is it you find so attractive about China?

JJ: I feel very much like a Chinese, and I am very attracted to many things in China. To the point that sometimes I wonder, should I have been born a Chinese? Perhaps it’s also because my father likes China a lot. When I was younger, my father had several opportunities to participate in movies that are produced in collaboration between Korea and China, but he had to pull out because of my grandfather’s objections. So I’m always thinking that I should fulfill my father’s unrealized dreams. This is something that I’ve had in mind since I was young. Now, when I am doing my activities in China, sometimes it would occur to me that I am really living my father’s dream. So I wonder if it could have been from my father’s time that this affinity to China has started.
credits to : lynne_c@shinbiz.net

No comments: