Thursday, October 30, 2008

[08.10.29][news] Minwoo: Men? Except for me, don't trust them

"Men really can't be trusted?"

In response to this interesting question, Lee Minwoo (28) has an interesting response too, "Except for me, don't trust other men."

Shinhwa member Lee Minwoo has just released his 4th solo album, featuring his title track Don't Trust Men, singing of the selfish and self-centered, yet charming character of the bad boy

You're too good to give away, but I don't want to keep you
I don't want marriage, but I want to date


Lee Minwoo has this to say about the lyrics, which may make ladies want to throw stones at the bad boys out there, "I never worried much about this, anyway the trend in the music scene lately seems to be bad boys." Rain's Bad Boy and DBSK's Mirotic are all examples of this. Although it may seem strange, but bad boys seem to possess a certain charm. Lee Minwoo is not exception.

"In fact I'm not a bad boy. I'm the type who will blindly give my all once I fall in love. I used to be that way with my ex-girlfriends. Perhaps I will still be this way in future."

Some time ago, Lee Minwoo was criticized for revealing the names of his ex-girlfriends on a variety show, the reason being that people felt that it was inappropriate to bring up the past relationships. "I called Ji Young and Shin Ae to apologize after that. At that time the MCs kept prodding me to reveal their names. I feel really bad towards them for my thoughtless actions."

Brave Brother wrote Don't Trust Men for Lee Minwoo. Since his debut Minwoo had already know the brothers Hyuk Chul and Dong Chul, and had already confirmed this track since late last year. Although Minwoo himself had written more than 10 songs, he decided on selecting more songs from other songwriters.

"I was too adamant on sticking to my own style for my 3rd album and Stomp, and I received comments that I was insisting on having my own way. This time round, I took a step back and listened to the views of the listeners." Having focused on an aggressively masculine sound in the past, Minwoo has toned down and gone for a softer, smoother sound in this album.

I 'M' U, a song written with Lee Hyun Do while they were in the car, features hiphop duo Mighty Mouth; Wonder Girls' Yoobin also features on Banhan Honey; Son Dambi lends her sexy vocals to Hot. These collaborations have give this album another dimension and more variety.

Having spent the past 10 years with Shinhwa, this is Lee Minwoo's 4th solo outing. As for the next 10 years, Lee Minwoo says, "I aim to build and expand my personal trademark." Last year, he set up M RIZING to manage his future music producing work.

"I'll be enlisting for military duty in the middle of next year, and I have a lot of things to do before that. I hope to help the younger talents to establish themselves. The next 10 years will be the period where I become Lee Minwoo the producer."


Source: isplus
Chi trans: 小E@LASTLOVEMIN
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: