Thursday, October 16, 2008

[08.10.15][trans] Lee Minwoo: Think before making hurtful attacks

Now at the 1/3 mark of his life, what is Lee Minwoo thinking about? Besides being Shinhwa's Lee Minwoo and M Lee Minwoo, are there other sides to him?

"I do have a gift for dance and art, but I never thought of making use of my gifts to succeed in life. Whenever my parents fought when I was young, all I could see was my mother's tears and my father's despair when his business failed. All I wanted to do then was just to have a stable job. My childhood dream wasn't to be a singer, but opportunities came my way, and my gifts finally came in useful."

After making his debut with Shinhwa and SM Entertainment and eventually hitting it big with their 2nd album T.O.P, Lee Minwoo had his difficult times too, like the time when he suffered from malnutrition during his senior high days.

Hoping to become a singer, he formed a dance group to earn living expenses by performing. Even at that age, his family gave him the nickname of "Little Adult", and these experiences have contributed to his character formation. His family is a major motivating force for him.



During a recent interview, Lee Minwoo talked about his own way of dealing with negative comments. He would think, "Is that right? Are you that great? Can you achieve what I've done?", and dismiss the comments.

"Because of hurtful comments like these, I had many good friends who had to suffer, and some people have lost their lives too. If the victim suffers as a direct result of the comments that someone made, that person should be punished, but that's not the case now. Once someone starts the ball rolling, it's easy for others to be influenced to make such attacks too. This is because they're unable to see things from the victim's perspective. I hope they will think before they make hurtful attacks."

After trying his hand at sitcoms (Nonstop 4) and movies (Wontak's Angel), does Lee Minwoo want to challenge other genres? Having majored in Drama and Film Studies, Lee Minwoo says he just likes to perform. "Standing on stage is also a kind of performance. I'll grab whatever opportunity that comes along, and I'll make use of those opportunities to show everyone Lee Minwoo's charisma."

"There are still many things I have to do and want to do, but I will give myself a high score what I've done so far. Although I'm disappointed that people don't recognize my efforts, but I persevere on because there is at least one fan who is upset because the public doesn't acknowledge my efforts."

It's clear to see that Lee Minwoo doesn't give up even when the going gets tough, and it's little wonder that the only way for him, together with Shinhwa, is up.


Source: starnews&oceans
Chi trans: jojoyu7@shinhwachina
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: