Sunday, June 21, 2009

[09.06.20] Junjin “wanted to announce relationship with Lee Shi Young a month ago” (interview)


“I wanted to announce my relationship with Lee Shi Young a month ago, but people around me dissuaded me from doing so.”

Shinhwa member and solo singer Junjin is currently in a romantic relationship with “We Got Married” partner, actress Lee Shi Young.

In the midst of his Asia tour, Junjin is now in Beijing for a fanmeeting. He candidly acknowledged his relationship with Lee Shi Young, which is already out in the open back in Korea.

Junjin said over a phone interview, “Lee Shi Young and myself both have feelings for each other and we have been in a relationship for 3 months now. After I return from China, I will arrange for a simple press conference on the 23rd.”

He added, “I had already wanted to announce our relationship a month ago, but the people around me dissuaded me from doing so. As I had just released my album and I was in the midst of my promotional activities, it didn’t seem like a good idea to do so, and they advised me against it.”



During a press conference in Taiwan on 12th June, when asked about the love lives of the members of MBC variety show “Infinite Challenge”, Junjin had then dropped subtle hints, “I’ve already been in the entertainment industry for 10 years now. I hope the fans will be able to accept our relationships with a big heart. I will inform you of good news soon.”

Junjin and Lee Shi Young had appeared as one of the make-believe couples on MBC variety show “We Got Married” (WGM) from January to May this year and their relationship had blossomed over the 4 months of working together. In particular, the two were rumoured to have been dating for some time, after their appearance on WGM ended. At that time, both parties had dismissed the rumours as pure speculation and had strongly denied the rumours.

And Junjin and Lee Shi Young were actually enjoying secret dates on the account of work.

Lee Shi Young recently featured in the MV for ‘Hey Ya’, from Junjin’s recently-released mini-album, and also featured on the recording of a track on the album as well. At that time Junjin had lavished generous praise on Lee Shi Young for her solid acting skills and outstanding dancing abilities.

A related source said, “Back then Junjin already wanted to announce that they were dating, but people around him advised him against it. They felt that since he had just released his new album, the announcement of the relationship could have detrimental effects.”

The two once again attracted the attention of the fans when they appeared as a couple in the MV for ‘Very’, singer Beige’s new song from her new Vol 1.5 album. The MV featured scenes of Lee Shi Young walking in the rain while reminiscing about her memories with Junjin, with tears falling down her face for reasons that are unknown to the viewers, and the scenes were depicted with the realism of a real couple’s meeting and eventual separation.

Credits: Newsen + Su-mi@absolutshinhwa

No comments: