Sunday, June 08, 2008

[08.06.02][Interview] Junjin KBOOM7 magazine July Issue part 1

Star Feature JUNJIN

The first impression left on people is his cold gaze, sharp nose, and his masculinity.
But in actual fact, he is charming, humorous and witty.
Having seen his power dances everyone thought he will perform those dances, but instead he chose to perform ballads for a start.
Always under constant attention, he brought us his first album. He has us all looking forward to his album image.



24 March, Shinhwa celebrated their 10th anniversary. Firstly, let us congratulate them. The memories must have been special for you guys, tell us more about your thoughts on this.

I would like to thank those who have been protecting Shinhwa, our families, the company, our fans, and those who have helped us, I’m really grateful to all of you.

If not for your help, it wouldn’t have been possible for Shinhwa to be together for such a long time. Also, to the rest of the supportive Shinhwa members, I love you all! After this, we will still work together as Shinhwa for the next 20, 30 years.

Tell us more about the album’s promotional activities.
26 April is when I will hold my first solo concert in Tokyo CC Lemonhall. This concert is just a start, in May I will stage another concert in Shanghai. This album revolves around the dances.

Is the title track a dance song?
Yes. It’s a fast-paced song that anyone who listens to it will be in a good mood. My previous songs revolved mainly around ballads and so this time, I hope to present a different side of me, thus choosing fast-paced songs for the album. I think it’ll be much clearer when you listen to the album and you’ll better understand what I meant.


You’ve been very busy with Shinhwa’s 10th anniversary concert and your solo album as well as concerts, how did you take care of yourself?
The throat is a singer’s life, and that is an understatement. And so, I usually eat food that is beneficial for my throat. No matter how fit, I still have to work out constantly, just in case. During my previous album as I wasn’t in my best state, I could not hold out till the end, and it was a pity. Thus, this time I’m very mindful of my health so that I can meet everyone through various activities.

You seem like you do a lot of sports, so what are you into nowadays?
Usually I do different sports in different seasons, but what I enjoy all the time is billiard, working out, and cycling.


Billiard? Won’t that leave a negative impression? (Laughs)
That’s biased (Laughs). People might think; holding a cigarette on one hand, walking around the table, what kind of sport is that? But in actual fact, you are exercising at the same time and time passes very fast. If you calculate the time you spend walking around the billiard table that is a lot of exercise. Working out is the best for the body, and cycling the roads where you’ve been in cars is a totally different experience. The stress seems to have all disappeared.

There will be times you will want to relieve stress, where will you go?
I’m very busy these days so I don’t go anywhere. When I’m free I’ll do some exercise, go Accjon to play billiard. Other than that, I will also visit the gym near my house. Those places are pretty much where I go. My favorite places are the billiard house and the gym.


Is there anything you have to do before performances or recordings?
I think that will be to maintain a good mood so there’ll be less regrets, and before working there will be some pranks to motivate myself (Laughs). I usually use music to get into the mood.



Is there any music, drama, movies that you’ll want to recommend to your fans?
Music wise, I think my new album will be good (Laughs). Drama, the ongoing ‘On Air’ talks about the entertainment industry and so I can easily identify with it. It does reflect the real industry although there are some parts that may be exaggerated but because I can easily relate to it I’ll like to recommend the show. As for movies, ‘Step Up 2’ is not bad. It is a film where it portrays the passion for dance and since dance is one of my strong points, this show has moved me.

Is there anything else you like?
Because I’m too busy I have little time to cultivate other interest. Preparing for Shinhwa’s 9th album, concerts, solo activities, I’m really occupied.


After SBS drama ‘Let’s go to the Beach’, there are talks that you rejected a couple of acting opportunities. Why? Do you have any future acting plans?
I turned down several good scripts, part of the reason is my health, and also I had many other commitments. Because I have my own plans and goals, I don’t have the time for dramas.

Source: see LOGO
Chin translation:firstlove@bestshinhwa
Eng translation: aimeepok@shinhwa.biz

No comments: