Sunday, June 29, 2008

[08.06.25][Interview]'Andy can't make it' on his own

Last year, this is something that was heard so often on the musical stage. For 10 years, he has succeeded as Shinhwa. Indeed, there were tough times then, but what is important now is for Andy to present his best in his first musical. And so, those hurting comments did affect him.

During rehearsals, there were times he felt wronged. After the musical ended, he took a break for close to 5 months and he was troubled. 'Where is the problem', 'Why does everyone say I can't do it', 'If this is the case, where did it go wrong?', and even 'If I am not a celebrity, can I live as a normal person'.

Practice, makes perfect. Andy started his journey, alone, from this minute. He tried all he could to turn the 'impossible' possible, and he was thankful that he had the time to do so.

And so, not long ago Andy has been selected to be part of the musical, 'Polaroid' from 1 July. Although he is busy with his new songs and variety shows, he still made time for the musical.

The same went for his solo album. He released his solo album earlier this year, but the sales did not meet expectations. And so at the same time, he held a 6-day concert in Korea, a solo concert in China, and a concert on 14 June in Japan. This has helped him to strengthen his position as a solo singer.

Additionally, Andy is on MBC's variety show 'We're Married' where he as gained a lot of support from female audiences, and was even voted as the 'Best Groom'. Once content with being Shinhwa's youngest, Andy now is working hard to be as popular as the rest of the members.

'In the past, I'll wait quietly. Whoever brings me clothes, I'll just wear it. But now, I have to depend on myself for the design of clothes, and what I'll wear. There are a lot to be done. Sometimes, I'll get so busy that I can't sleep, and the stress level increases. But what is amazing is that these stress actually makes me feel good. I'll be doing things in a daze when I'm hungry, and I never knew it felt like this'. (Laughs)

Although for the past ten years, the achievement wasn't his own, those ten years were valuable to him. It made Andy realise that he is lacking in many areas.

'Until now, I have received a lot of help from other people, but from now on, I have to go on alone. When I heard things like, 'Andy can't make it' I was hurt, but I could only perservere and continue. No matter what I was wearing, if the clothes do not fit, I need someone to tell me 'No'. During that time, it was troubling but through work, I managed to know myself better. That is the path to growing up'.


Source:STAR NEWS
Chi translation:汶汶@ANDY THE WORLD
Eng translation: aimeepok@shinhwa.biz

No comments: