Wednesday, June 18, 2008

[08.06.15] [News] Let's put a stop to female domination in the gayo world (Kim Dongwan)

Stop female domination! Last year the gayo (music/singing) world was dominated by Wonder Girls, SNSD, Jewelry and other female girl bands. One of the male solo singers who are able to stop the trend has returned to gather with his fans. And he is Shinhwa's Kim Dongwan.

'Not worried about enlistment!'

For men, the burden of enlisting into the army is more than what we imagine. But for Kim Dongwan, he does not feel this way. Instead, he wishes to be able to spend his time before enlistment with his fans, participate in various gayo programmes and to present his best side to fans.

Kim Dongwan mentions, 'This year is my tenth year in the industry as well. As part of Shinhwa and as a solo singer and also as an actor, there really is no time to take a break, all I could do was to look ahead and go forward', 'enlistment will mean a temporary break from the entertainment industry, and making use of this time that belongs only to me to recharge. Instead of fearing fans will forget about me, I prefer to present only my best to fans and this carries more hope', showing his confidence.

No matter what, now is the time to make use of what I have learnt so far. Thus, I am making preparations for my first solo concert. I am not doing it because I feel obliged to, but because I do want to hold a concert and present what I have on stage, and I am working hard for it. It will probably be held in September.

He has been rather active after he released his second solo album. The title track 'Secret' is a electronic song and Kim Dongwan has attracted much attention with his change in music style. The choreographed dance is a trend-setter with its taekwondo influenced moves and it fits in well with the song.

For fans who loved his first solo album song, 'Handkerchief' and 'It's my fault' might have been disappointed with the second album, but nevertheless, the second album has contained his charms.

The first song, 'Man's love' is a rearrangement of Bon Jovi's 'Always'. Its strong beat, its bass, guitar and the moving lyrics has made the song more beautiful. Also, 'Person I like' was written by his composer friend, Ahn Hyung Min as a gift and in this song, the violin has adequately brought out the sadness and pain.

The duet with Jade Valerie 'You Don't Know Me' is an fast-tempo electronic song that leaves a deep impression on people.

There are many songs in his second album that stands out, like 'Honey' where Shinhwa member Eric rapped in, 'Why' which features Heritage, and also in 'Secret', SNSD's Tiffany has a part in the narration.

(irrelevant info omitted)



Source:Ocean's Six
Chi translation:染@bestshinhwa.com
Eng translation:aimeepok@shinhwa.biz

No comments: