Sunday, June 08, 2008

[08.06.02][Interview] Junjin KBOOM7 magazine July Issue part 2




Earlier on, together with Shin Hye Sung, you guys were the spokesmen for a clothing label. As an endorser, what do you think is your charm?


To answer this will be quite embarrassing really. But I guess it’ll be my masculinity. Other than that, I have no idea.

In front of the camera, what are you usually thinking of?
As a model doing shooting, I’ll think of what expressions to give to suit the advertisement. And for normal shoots, I’ll only think of how to make the shoot better.

How do you usually dress up? What do you look out for?
I am more concerned if the clothes are comfortable rather than its style. What I wear on screen is different from what I usually wear. I think it’s important for the clothes to be matching; if it is then it’s suitable. This I guess is what I look out for.

On the streets, what kind of girls is a head-turner for you?
I think girls who wear jeans are pretty. For girls who wear short skirts or pretty tops, I guess I won’t really notice them. Jeans are suitable for me, and so if I see girls who match clothes nicely with jeans, I’ll naturally take a second glance.

Heard some merchandise of Shinhwa’s 10th anniversary concert includes perfume, figurines etc. What kind of cologne do you think suits you? [JUNJIN’s scent is…]?
JUNJIN’s scent is… gentle, and nice-smelling? (Laughs)

When fragrance are you using now?
Davidoff and KENZO. I like these two.

Are there any must-brings when you go overseas? When must you have in your bag?
I’ll need my playstation to kill time, and the cologne to keep me fragrant. (Laughs) These 2 are necessities.

As compared to the time you guys debut, are there any changes in your fans?
Rather than changes, it’ll be more accurate to say they have matured with Shinhwa. And not only do they like us, they will pick out our mistakes, and I’m very grateful for that.

What are your opinions of the new singers? Are there any outstanding ones? As their senior what would you want to tell them?
Hmm… everyone has their strengths and they are all putting in their best. DBSK, Super Junior, SS501 are all outstanding. No matter what Shinhwa will always be regarded as an idol pop group. As a senior what I would want to tell them is, ‘Put in your best effort, just like how you first debut’.



What are your future plans?
As Shinhwa might have to take a little break now, I’ll be seeing everyone with my new album end-April and also my concerts. I hope to get everyone’s support! I will present a strong me and I’ll work hard for these activities.

Lastly, leave a few lines for our KBOOM readers.
KBOOM readers, as the weather is hysterical these days, please take care not to catch flu. And also, please love Junjin, love KBOOM, be happy, and love yourself!


2008, Shinhwa welcomes their 10th year; Junjin takes on a new challenge.

Junjin has debut on 24 March 1998 as a member of Shinhwa, and this year in March they have held their 10th anniversary concert. 25 April 2008, he has brought us his solo album, ‘Junjin New Decade’, and has started writing a brand new page of another 10 years.

The album is starts with a fusion of electronica and hip-hop ‘Wa’, keeping a strong beat. ‘Wa’ is a song that clubs may play, and the lyrics to this song also describe the emotions of young men and women. And in the music video, Junjin’s sexiness is evident.

This album also includes soothing ballads like ‘Painful Love’, and a mid-tempo ‘One Step’, displaying Junjin’s wild and beautiful vocals. The collaboration with Lee Ji Hyun has brought ‘For you’ to perfection. In the Epilogue, we hear Junjin’s emotions and it feels like he’s whispering to his lover and it moves people, it might have been a surprise for many.

Album tracks
[NEW DECADE]
01 Intro
02 Wa
03 Painful Love
04 One Step
05 For You
06 Beautiful Person
07 Cute
08 Fancy Lounge
10 Wa(Instr)
11 Epilogue

Biography
JUN JIN
DOB:19 August 1980
Height:182CM Weight:75KG
Blood type:B
Siblings:1 younger sister and 1 younger brother
Hobbies:Billiards、Gaming、Going for rides
Strengths:Sports Dance 

Main Productions
Drama【non stop 4】(2003 MBC)
【Nine Tail Fox】(2004 KBS)
Good Sunday【Banjun Drama】(2005 SBS)
【Let’s Go to the Beach】(2005 SBS)



JunJin 2008 Tokyo Concert Press Conference

25 April 2008 CC Lemon Hall

Being in the industry for 10 years as a rapper and dancer in the group Shinhwa, Junjin’s toned body was well as masculinity has garnered support from many fans. He has chosen his first solo concert stop to be Japan.

Received encouraging messages from members

Junjin held his first live concert in Tokyo, C.C. Lemon Hall and held the press conference after his rehearsals ended. ‘It’s exciting to be here in Japan and I’ve been rehearsing’, when as he says this we can see he is nervous about this overseas solo concert. He has gotten support and encouragement from the rest of the members who are also busy with their own solo activities. He says, ‘Although I’m alone on stage, I know I have their support’, ‘it is because of the experience I’ve accumulated as Shinhwa that I am able to carry out my solo activities’. As for his own charm, ‘I don’t like exactly which part of me is charming but when we do photo shoots, the photographer praises me and says I have a nice throat, and I told him how I seduce.’ At the press conference, after mentioning quiet, powerful, sexy, he added, ‘prepared some cute songs as well’, and that left a deep impression.

Sequel song first performed at the concert

Junjin appeared at the stage centre with a mask, and he performed ‘Come Back’ from his solo album together with the sea of orange light sticks and the loud cheers that goes, ‘JINNIE’. The dancers got on stage at the same time. Following song was ‘Painful Love’ and he used a hand-held mic.

When he sang ‘One Step’, he took off his top, presenting his best on stage to fans. The 4th song is ‘Cute’ performed with the female dancers, and he was doing cute nimble actions. Though he mostly spoke Korean and there were no translation, most of the fans present knew Korean, and when Junjin asked questions in Korean, fans were able to answer in Korean. Since he was in Japan, he sang ‘Goodbye Sadness’ in Japanese and at the climax he went, ‘Let’s sing this together!’

He then performed the title track, ‘Wa’. And the songs that followed were ‘Eusha Eusha’, ‘Love Doesn’t Come Back’ and the concert ended an encore dance. Junjin leaves the stage reluctantly, waving goodbye and repeatedly said, ‘Sarang hae’, leaving a deep impression on his fans.

Source: see LOGO
Chin translation:firstlove@bestshinhwa
Eng translation: aimeepok@shinhwa.biz

No comments: