Sunday, July 05, 2009

And we’re just slightly over 12 hours to M’s Comeback Stage on SBS Inkigayo!!!

note from Su-mi:

And we’re just slightly over 12 hours to M’s Comeback Stage on SBS Inkigayo!!!

If you want to catch it live and you’re not using TVAnts – you can try streaming from this site:
www.tvdosa.com/tv/tvsi.htm (just click on the channel in the menu on the right) – Do note that it only works in IE.

It worked for me at 4.50am Seoul time, but I can’t say for sure it will work when we have lots more people streaming from the site server – but no harm giving it a try ^^





9 months after releasing his 4th album, Lee Minwoo has released his Vol 4.5 album ‘Minnovation’, which has taken the music scene by storm, and the top spot on sales charts within its first week of release. What makes this specially packaged album even more valuable is that there are only 18,000 copies of the limited edition album available.

Lee Minwoo deejayed for real in the ‘Minnovation’ music video, with the equipment flown in from the US. “Things that I’ve kept in preparation all came in handy – if there’s a photoshoot, I’ll use props that are in line with the concept. Whether it’s for music production or for the style of the dance choreography, I won’t save on it. This is a showy occupation, and we should comply with the nature of the job.”

Lee Minwoo would usually head overseas to look for materials too. “Since my interests are related to my work, I went into designing caps. I’ve had the habit of sketching even since Shinhwa’s debut days. I’d sketch out the costumes and show it to the coordinators, and discuss with the members. I sketched out the concept for the concept for this MV too.”

The concepts for the MV and stage performance will be different. “I met up with musicians who are now working mainly in the US, and their stage concept is completely different from the concept for the MV, so I want to try that out instead. I’m preparing very hard for it right now. I’ll be on stage to see the fans in early July, and I hope to show everyone the unrestrained and dazzling M that appears in the album jacket.”

Recently Lee Minwoo encountered an incident during the filming of the MV, where the power supply was cut off halfway through filming. “It was in the wee hours of the morning when lightning suddenly struck and all of a sudden we couldn’t see anything in front of us. It was the first time that the director had encountered something like that too. I hope that’s a good omen that the album will do well.” He added, “The filming took 26 hours to complete and though we were all really worn out, I didn’t manage to have a chance to rest at all since I was the main character. I could only put in my best efforts and do my best.”

This album also brought him quite a bit of grief. “I really prepared for this album feeling like I was standing on the edge of a cliff. We didn’t get the response we expected after the activities and the ceaseless planning for the 4th album. After 2-3 weeks of delusional thoughts, I decided that this only served to spur me on for my performance and my music. I met up with the producers and songwriters whom I’ve met before in 2007, and ended up meeting with the Korean songwriters who were working in the US. It was really a great coincidence.”

“If this was a full album, there would be more songs and the focus would be lost since people only pick what they want to listen to, and it would be such a pity for the other songs on the album.” Unable to hide his passion for every song, Lee Minwoo eventually chose to go with a mini-album. “This album features a variety of styles and it’s a very attractive album. There are still a lot of songs left over and I’m really troubled over what I can do with them. Being greedy, I’d like to put them into an album suitable for release in the fall.”

Lee Minwoo took this album, which he painstakingly created, to YG Entertainment’s Yang Hyun Suk for his comments. “Hyun Suk hyung is usually never stingy with his praise and criticism. He had nice things to say about the album, and I’m feeling really glad about what I think of as a small form of recognition.”

Creating a communication space for him and his fans is a new challenge by Lee Minwoo. When he first became an idol singer, though he still had a personal life it was very much restricted. It’s considerably more comfortable now than it was back then. “Actually I never bothered much about my minihompy page, but recently I’ve been thinking that it’s a pity not to make use of such a space to communicate with the fans. So while I’m taking care of the album, I’m also taking care of my minihompy. Unexpectedly the response has been pretty good.” To Lee Minwoo’s fans who are concerned about his updates, this is a great gift to them.

Back with ‘Minnovation’, Lee Minwoo is planning to to create to the best of his abilities, a vividly coloured fluorescent stage. “It will be a stage that will demonstrate as much of my appeal as possible. We’re also planning for programmes and activities that are in line with the concept.”

As he prepares for the tough road ahead, we will be looking forward to his multicolored stage performances.

Credits: Newsen + su-mi@absolutshinhwa

No comments: