Sunday, July 19, 2009

[09.07.17] Lee Minwoo: Rain and I, we’re not rivals

Known for his outstanding performance abilities, Shinhwa’s Lee Minwoo has lavished praise on ‘world star’ Rain.

Back with his Vol 4.5 album ‘Minnovation’ after 8 months, Lee Minwoo said in an interview with Joynews24, “Rain and myself, we have a good senior-junior relationship, and we recognise each other’s strengths and achievements. Rather than to say we’re rivals, we’re more of each other’s friendly monitoring agent.”

Lee Minwoo and Rain share many similarities, including their groove/hip-hop urban style of dance, their preferences for fashion as well, and with their breathtaking performances, they are thus often compared to each other.

Lee Minwoo said, “Ji Hoon has an enormous talent for dance, and he has worked hard to get to where he is. Sometimes when he feels the pressure of the title of ‘world star’ weighing down on him, I’d try to encourage him. We have a close relationship and we learn a lot from each other.”

“There are infinite possibilities for Ji Hoon. He once said to me, “Hyung when I see you, it’s like seeing (Yang) Hyun Suk-hyung or (Park) Jin Young-hyung. And he encourages me to become the best producer there is. Soon he will be trying his hand at being a producer too, and I hope we can both make use of our experience to become good producers.”

Introducing his new album he said, “This is an album made with things that I want to demonstrate the most. The feeling of monitoring myself during the days of Shinhwa activities is back, it’s a very meaningful album to me.”

“Becoming a part of Shinhwa, and becoming the solo singer M, I want to work with the thought that it’s all destiny. I want to be at ease and go about my activities with ease, that’s the Lee Minwoo I want to be.”

Credits Joynews24 + Su-mi@absolutshinhwa

No comments: