Monday, July 27, 2009

[09.07.26] Lee Minwoo: People – including Shinhwa – are assets

“After being in showbiz for 11 years, I realised that people, including the Shinhwa members, are assets.”

Currently in the midst of promoting his Vol 4.5 album ‘Minnovation’, Lee Minwoo was in the waiting room for a television show, and the younger idol groups such as 2NE1 all came by to greet him, prompting him to look back on his days with Shinhwa and his own solo activities.

“If I were to list out things I’ve gained over the years, there are really a lot of nice people around me who have helped me and thought of me along the way. Because of the things people do, at the end of the day they’re all assets. The most priceless thing was getting to know the beautiful Shinhwa members. I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for Shinhwa.”

Talking about his tough pre-debut days, he said, “I think I’m living very well now, I don’t envy anyone.”

10 years after his debut in 2007, he bought a house in Hwanghak-dong where he lives now with his family. He has also opened a wine bar in the Apgujung district with his sister recetnly.

A troublemaker in high school, he said, “When I said I wanted to dance, my parents didn’t object, so thanks to them, I embarked on my own dreams. I’ve always liked things related to dance and art anyway. I got praised for my dancing the most since that was why I did the best in, so I worked hard to succeed.”

The Shinhwa members all belong to different management companies now, and with Eric and Dongwan in the army, Shinhwa activities are on hold for the moment.

“We’re very strong when we’re together. Shinhwa’s charm is that while we’re onstage we shine with energy; but off the stage, we’re candid and very real people. I’m very aware that we’re all very weak separately, but everyone has his own dreams, and achieving them is another process altogether.”

Grooming newcomers is another dream of his, as he believes that it’s his duty as a senior to help young talents with dreams of becoming singers to move to the next level.

Credits: Yonhap News + Su-mi@absolutshinhwa

No comments: