Wednesday, November 05, 2008

[08.11.05][trans] M: I hope to discover a 2nd Shinhwa (2/4)


The title of Lee Minwoo's 4th album is M RIZING, which is also his own trademark and the name of his company which he set up last year. "It's not a big company, and it's still very young. I just want to let people know that M RIZING exists. I don't want to overstretch myself, instead I want to reach my goals slowly and steadily."

Lee Minwoo's M RIZING leads people to think of Yang Hyun Suk's YG Entertainment and Park Jin Young's JYP Entertainment. Lee Minwoo himself does hope to be able to groom young talents like Yang Hyun Suk and Park Jin Young in future.

"The two of them are hyungs that I like and respect a lot. Being top stars themselves it's not easy to groom top stars. To be able to make Big Bang and the Wonder Girls the top stars that they are, they had to go through a lot of hardship. I'm not able to do that with my current resources and abilities, but I hope to be able to groom new singers with talent."

Lee Minwoo's character is such that he will work hard to achieve his goals. When he was in high school he dreamed of becoming a singer, and he formed a dance group which eventually earned him the opportunity of becoming part of Shinhwa. He has also realised his dream of owning his own brand, and now he has set yet another goal of grooming a new generation of singers.

"Besides being part of a established and great group like Shinhwa, there's also M who wants to show his other qualities. One can become a top singer only with talent and substance. Lee Minwoo wants to show everyone his unique style of music."

His mind is filled with the passion and ambition he has for music, and his 4th album contains music that has grown in tandem with his ambition. In order to focus on his music he has reduced his appearances on variety shows.

"If I were to use colours to describe my music, it would be black and white. There is no grey area. This album has a little of jazz and hip-hop, and although the music arrangement was a difficult task to complete, the good reviews make me feel really happy."

The song Motjin Insaeng (Cool Life), written by Lee Minwoo himself, shows an interesting fusion of Western-style electronica with Korean dialect. With a refrain that goes, "Yehaera diya eogiyo eocha!", this is another show of Lee Minwoo's unique music style.


Source: Kuki News&oceans
Chi trans: 堡堡@shinhwachina
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: