Wednesday, November 05, 2008

[08.11.05][trans] M: My goal is to grow from an idol into a musician (4/4)



Lee Minwoo has worked with several popular female singers for his 4th album. Son Dambi features on Hot, while Yoobin of Wonder Girls features on Honey Kkoshigi (Seducing Honey). In addition, Mighty Mouth and rapper Big Tone also features on the album.

"It's great to work with the new singers, it's a better recording experience. Working with Son Dambi and Yoobin was really fun, and Yoobin's rap is improving day by day."

Lee Minwoo writes most of his music in his home studio, but there are many songs that he writes impromptu at the recording studio too. Once he settles into the chair in his home studio, he would stay put for at least 4 hours. He would spend 8-12 hours a day to produce the album.

"It's very lonely to write music alone actually. I prefer to write at the recording studio with people walking about. I don't really like to come to recording all prepared. I often get inspiration while I'm chatting with the recording team."

Up until now, Lee Minwoo has been overcoming all difficulties with his self-confidence.

"I won't give up music until the day I die. Although I come from an idol group, but becoming a true musician is one of my goals. At least I've established my own brand now, and from now onwards I'm challenging myself."

In his 5 years of solo activities, Lee Minwoo is most satisifed with the fact that he has established the status of M.

"From Shinhwa's Lee Minwoo, people are slowly recognising M Lee Minwoo now and I'm glad to see that. No matter what others may say, I've stuck to my own style since my first album. Trooping on for the past 5 years, I can safely say that I have the perseverance."

However, the road ahead is still long. Compared to the people who know M Lee Minwoo, there are even more people who don't. From now onwards, M Lee Minwoo will work even harder to impress with his performances and music.


Source: Kuki News&ocean
Chi trans: 堡堡@shinhwachina
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: