Wednesday, November 12, 2008

[08.11.11][trans] Lee Minwoo was on a sitcom for his parents

Besides being busy with making music, Lee Minwoo is also appearing on variety shows frequently. When you turn on the TV, he'll be on one of the channels.

"The stage is like my playground, I want to show myself as a performer and musician on stage. But on variety shows, I want to show more of my character, how I usually am - sometimes lively, sometimes cute. I think it's important for artists to show their different sides."

Lee Minwoo works hard to appear on TV, just for his parents' sake.

"I appeared in Nonstop 5 for my parents. As I'd be out of the limelight for a long period of time when I prepare for my albums, my family would miss me a lot. They would think that if I wasn't on TV that meant that I was no longer active, that's why I went on a sitcom. I even got many calls from my relatives in my hometown telling me that they were watching it religiously."

Besides Nonstop 5, he has also appeared in Wontak's Angel and a cameo in Emergency Measure 19.

"It's all about timing isn't it? If the timing is right, I'll act before I enlist. There is a certain charm to acting. I'll definitely want to do it to show what Lee Minwoo can do as an actor. Acting in a musical is one of my dreams too."

It's not just acting that Lee Minwoo wants to and has to do. He also wants to make use of his own experience with concerts to organize concerts for others, and also to continue working on his fashion label Wolf M.

"I want to make the brand even bigger, and succeed as a businessman. As for how I'll mix music and fashion, please stay tuned."







Just listening to him, one would know that Lee Minwoo is extremely busy. So when does he intend to make some time for a relationship? After his debut, he has often been involved in rumours and scandals with other female artists.

"I've been in love with making music. I don't want to really talk about girls, because other people may miscontrue what I have to say. If there are any good news, I will tell."

The Shinhwa members are all heading off to the army one by one, with Eric already enlisted and Kim Dongwan enlisting on 17th Nov. Lee Minwoo is also due to enlist next year. 2008 being the last year before he enlists, it's even more important to him than any other time.

"Although there have been a lot of pressure, but there are many meaningful and significant things too." For 30-year-old Lee Minwoo, he will most likely bid a temporary farewell with a performance on his beloved stage.


Source: nocutnews
Chi trans: jojoyu7@shinhwachina
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: