Thursday, November 13, 2008

[08.11.13][news] Andy: Acting in musicals is a turning point for me

Singer Andy expresses his passion for muscials - "Acting in musicals is a turning point for me"

On 12 Nov at 2pm, at the Singles press conference held at Seoul's Samsung-dong, that was Andy's reply when he was asked about the reason behind wanting to act in musicals.

Andy continued, "Musicals hold great significance for me, taking part in a musical during my break was the turning point for me. As musicals involve a holistic approach of combining performance, dance and singing, I did turn down the offer when I was first approached because I felt that I couldn't do it."

"The director and our vocal instructor gave me a lot of encouragement and they become my motivation. Eventually I gave it a try, and I saw the potential in this, and gradually I developed an ambition for this."

"Up til now, I've tried different type of characters in the musicals I've been in, and I find it more and more interesting. I'll want to continue acting in musicals."

When asked if the Shinhwa members are coming to watch his peroformance, Andy answered, "They might be coming for the December shows, and Lee Jin and Gu Hyesun will be coming for the first performance."

Andy also said that he wanted to try his hand at playing a villain.

After starring in Music Of My Heart last year, he appeared in Polaroid early this year, establishing himself as an up-and-coming musical actor.

Singles is a musical based on the Japanese novel 29-Year-Old Charisma. There has also been a film version of the same title, starring Jang Jin Young, Kim Soo Hyuk, Uhm Jung Hwa and Kim Bum Soo, which garnered much popularity for its humourous and straightforward approach. The musical will run until 18 Jan 2009.

Andy's first performance will be on 13 Nov.

Source: starnews&oceans
Chi trans: jojoyu7@shinhwachina
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: