Monday, November 10, 2008

[08.11.10][news] Junjin: I'll get married once I meet the right girl




Who among the 6 Shinhwa members will get married first? Junjin doesn't rule out the possibility - "I'll get married when I meet the right girl"

Members of top Korean group Shinhwa have been busy with solo activities, especially with leader Eric enlisting for military service in October and Kim Dongwan soon to follow in November. For Junjin, he is reportedly due to enlist in February 2009. With only a few more months to go, he held a fanmeeting in Japan in early November to promote his solo album, released in April this year. Orginally planned for only 200 fans, a whopping 2,000 Japanese fans turned up instead, making it a pleasant surprise for Junjin.

Having spent 10 years in showbiz with Shinhwa, Junjin had this to say about his plans for the future, "No matter it's acting or singing, at the moment I will just focus on my solo career, and I hope to be able to spend more time to meet with my overseas fans."

After Eric's enlistment, there were several media reports discussing the possibility of disbandment within the next few years. Junjin refuted these rumours, "In 3-4 years' time, Shinhwa members will reunite and make even better music. But before that, we hope everyone will continue to support us."

In an interview conducted early this year, fellow Shinhwa member Andy had said, "I think Junjin will be the first one among us to get married." To this, Junjin smiled and said, "When I was younger I did dream of getting married early. But right now I just want to focus on my career, and I have no plans to settle down soon. But if I do meet the right girl now, I wouldn't mind getting married."

So who does Junjin think will be the first to get married? He paused for a moment and said, "Dongwan!"


Junjin: I'll welcome anyone who'd like to work with me!

Junjin says that he is open to working with Singaporean artists.

In early 2006, Junjin worked with MTV Taiwan VJ Linda in two music videos; in late 2007, he worked with Taiwanese actor/singer Nicky Wu in a Chinese production "You Are My Dream". Just a few months back, he held his first solo concert in China, and when asked about the possibility of a concert in Singapore, he said, "I hope to hold a concert here, but fans in Singapore are welcome to see my concerts in other parts of Asia too."

Is there any Singaporean artist that he'd like to work with? He said, "I'm welcome to whoever would like to work with me! It will be an honour to work with Singaporean artists."


Source: Lianhe Wanbao (Singapore)
Trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: