Wednesday, November 05, 2008

[08.11.05][trans] M: I'd like to have a Shinhwa group wedding (3/4)



If we talk about Lee Minwoo, it's impossible not to mention Shinhwa, the longest-running pioneer idol group in Korea.

However due to the members having to enlist for military duty, Shinhwa has gone on a temporary hiatus. After Eric enlisted on 9th Oct, Kim Dongwan will follow on 17th Nov. The two members will be serving as public service officers after completing their 4-week basic military training.

"Although Eric isn't here at the moment, I feel as if he's right beside me all the time. The rest of us, we haven't had time to meet up due to our schedules, but it feels like they're here with me all the time too. Shinhwa can come such a long way simply because of our fans. Once we think of the fans who have believed in us and waited for us the past 10 years, we're motivated to give it our all in our work."

The Shinhwa members will all be enlisting for military service one after another, and it will take another 3-4 years before Shinhwa is complete again. However this definitely doesn't mean disbandment.

"It's amazing that 6 people with different personalities can get together and form such a strong friendship. I'd like all 6 of us to hold our weddings together, a Shinhwa group wedding. To all of the members, Shinhwa holds a significance that no words can describe



Although he has been focusing on his solo career right now, the response of the overseas fans has been as overwhelming as ever.

"Fans wait for a few hours at the airport just to catch a glimpse of me, this makes me feel really bad. But due to security issues, I can't really meet or interact with them properly. Sometimes I wish I could just put on a pair of wings and fly instead."

His popularity of course is not just limited to the airport. During trips to countries like Thailand and Hongkong, he caused a mini-commotion wherever he went with the paparazzi tailing him. Even so, he sees it in a positive light.

"Even if I wanted to shop alone or do some sightseeing, it was difficult with at least 4-5 reporters following me. My manager was worried that I might react badly so he was very nervous too. So I called the reporters over and let them take pictures of me one by one. I chatted with them too. (laughs)"

Lee Minwoo's overseas concerts often are moving experiences for fans too. Although he stutters and his pronunciation isn't accurate, he would try his best to use common words of the language of the country, which he would have practiced a week before the concert. He says with a laugh, "My performances are beyond your imagination. Please come and see for yourself."


Source: Kuki News&oceans
Chi trans: jojoyu7@shinhwachina
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: