Friday, July 03, 2009

[09.07.02] Why is Lee Minwoo expanding his business operations?

Besides his own music career, Shinhwa member Lee Minwoo has been actively involved in several business ventures. As for the reason behind this, he said, “It’s my responsibility as the head of the family. And because of my love for my family.”

Lee Minwoo, who has recently released his Vol 4.5 album ‘Minnovation’, said this during a recent interview.

Since his debut with idol group Shinhwa in 1998 until now, he has been enjoying much popularity as a singer, but now Lee Minwoo is gaining a reputation for being a businessman. He started his own management agency, M Rizing Entertainment; created the line of “Wolf M” caps; and has most recently started a female fashion label. He has also been running a board game cafe, and he has also moved into the F&B business with a new bar in Cheongdam-dong.

When asked about what motivated him to taking up these businesses on top of being a singer, Lee Minwoo said, “There were times when I was financially strapped, so I’ve always had a mind to go into business. In fact since the time I started out with Shinhwa, I’ve already become the head of the family, so there’s great pressure there. What’s important is that I really love my family.”

“When my father was facing difficulties with his business, my mother ran a beauty salon to support me, my brother and my sister. The love that I want from my parents can’t be exchanged for money.”

Recently he has even helped out with his nephew’s university tuition fees, and with pride Lee Minwoo said, “I’m a son who makes my parents proud. To my nephews, I’m their star uncle, the uncle who wants to help fulfill their dreams.”

Although he’s very busy every day with my music and business activities – a total of 5 roles in fact – he happily smiled and said, “I don’t feel that it’s not tough on me. Since these are things that I like to do.”

Credits: Sportsseoul + Su-mi@absolutshinhwa

No comments: