Monday, December 01, 2008

[08.11.30][news] Andy: I feel lonely without Shinhwa

Our reporter's exclusive interview with Andy on his 10 years in showbiz

Q: Is this your first time in Qingdao?

Andy: Yes, before this I had a fanmeeting in Wuhan and a concert in Shanghai, and I'm back here in China after 7 months. I'm really grateful for the warm welcome. When I saw the beautiful sea when I first reached Qingdao, my heart instantly felt as open as the sea. There are many Kyopos (people of Korean descent who reside permanently outside of the Korean Peninsula) here and the scenery here is really beautiful, just like Busan in Korea. It feels very pleasant here.
Q: Unlike your previous activities where you were with Shinhwa as a group, you're now facing the fans as a solo singer. How do you feel about that?

Andy: For the past 10 years, the 6 of us have been working hard together, and we always received a lot of love from the fans. Before coming to Qingdao, I was still thinking if there will be many people who will come for the event since it's only me. But I was really happy to see so many fans to welcome me at the airport. Thank you everyone for your support.

Q: Shinhwa has been around for 10 years, and as part of the group, how do you feel about it? And what's the one thing that took place in the past 10 years has left the deepest impression on you?

Andy: For the past 10 years, from our debut to the success that we're enjoying now, it wasn't easy at all. Every member has his own strengths, and while one person takes the lead, the others will complement him. This kind of chemistry is really hard to come by. Nowadays I'm always having activities and events by myself, sometimes it gets really lonely.

The one thing that left the deepest impression on me was getting 1st place on the music chart, during our 2nd album. Although we worked very hard for our 1st album, the album wasn't well received. So we worked even harder for the 2nd album, because if this album didn't do well either, Shinhwa would face disbandment. Under such circumstances, our song managed to come out tops on the chart. The joy we got from that is not something that anyone else can understand.

Q: You've been doing very well as an MC, as a singer and also in the field of musicals. Do you have any plans to work on dramas and movies? This is something that your fans have been hoping for.

Andy: With so much work on hand, it's impossible for me to achieve perfection all at once. Right now I'm still going through everything step by step, and this in itself is a process of personal growth for me. I do have plans for movies next year, and I'll also release my 2nd solo album.

Q: The entertainment scene in Korea is really competitive and many celebrities suffer from a great deal of stress. How do you cope with that?

Andy: Everyone has his own way of dealing with stress, but for me I'll have some drinks and think of happy things. If not I'll just play games that I've come up with.


Source: Qingdao News
Trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: