Friday, December 12, 2008

[08.12.11] Korean Entertainment Journal: 081103 Junjin’s Tokyo Fanmeeting

Junjin, who’s now busy with his solo activites after releasing his first solo album in early April, held a fanmeeting on 3rd Nov at Tokyo’s Nakano Sun Plaza Hall.


Besides being a singer, he is at the same time an actor and an MC, and has recently appeared regularly on variety shows such as SBS’ Yashimmanman Season 2 and MBC’s Infinity Challenge, presenting a whole new side of him that we don’t see of him as a singer. As a result, he is fast gathering a new fanbase. This time round at the fanmeeting, his charismatic charm was even more evident.


Junjin kicked off the event with a performance, showing his versatility in ballads and in dance songs. Though Junjin is known for his powerful dance tracks, he exudes a different aura when he sings ballads.


During the chat segment, when asked about his participation with Infinity Challenge in the National Aerobic Competition (they ultimately won the silver medal), he said, “Although it was my first time doing it and I was somewhat embarrassed, but once I saw myself as a contestant I didn’t feel that way anymore.”


When asked about his love life and Shinhwa, he said, “I haven’t had a girlfriend for a long time now. Many fans here are probably married too. As for the Shinhwa members, they’re really like my real brothers. We have a very stable relationship, and although we’re all busy we still get to know about what the others are doing when we chat.”


When asked about his well-toned and muscular body, Junjin then jokingly commented about his physique. He laughed as he said, “I used to work out a lot so that people would be impressed with my physique if I took off my shirt. I’ve been working a lot too, it’s a pity I can’t show everyone today.” An even more sensitive question came next, “How did you get such a sexy butt?”


He wittily replied, “I have my father to thank for it.”


As he took off his jacket for a dance, he played around with a globe that was just beside him, showing us he has a playful and childlike side to him too.


JUNJIN
Born in 19 August 1980, height 182cm, blood type B. Shinhwa member.
First tried his hand at acting in the 2003 sitcom Nonstop 4, then continued his acting work with Gumiho in 2004. Took on the role of a stoic elder brother in 2005’s Let’s Go To The Beach. Began his solo singing career in 2006. Active in variety shows such as YSMM2. Scheduled to enlist in Feb 2009.


Source: Korean Entertainment Journal (Jap)
Chi trans: 停不了的爱@DoubleJ
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@absolutshinhwa

No comments: