Monday, December 01, 2008

[08.11.30][news] Kim Dong Wan Expressed Sentiments through Song before Entering Army

Recently, there has been a trend by singers who will start their army duty to release an album prior to entry as a way of saying good bye to their fans.

For singers the message they want to relay through their albums seems to be a common one. Certainly, the album contains love songs but the songs also relay the deep bond that is shared bewteen the singers and their fans. These songs seem to express feelings of missing them as well as seeing them again upon their return.

(omitted)

Kim Dong Wan released a digital single before entering the army. He sang a duet with Younha. Starting with the title, the strong message that he wanted to leave with fans is "Promise". Through lyrics from the song he shares his sentiments, "No, I'm fine. I'm only worried about you. Don't be in pain, eat all your meals. Even though I am not by your side, you have to live well. Just promise me this that you will smile for me".

Also, "Instead of telling me that you love me, instead of thanking me, I wanted to hear from you that you will be definitely coming back. After much time has passed and we meet once again. At that time, us separting or breaking up won't happen". Asking for the fans to wait for a short time as he expresses his sadness from being away from them.

(omitted)

source: my daily
trans: HappyHeart7@shinhwa.biz

No comments: