Sunday, May 11, 2008

[08.05.09][news] Kim Dongwan on his 2nd album... Part 2

Kim Dongwan, having lived the past 10 years with burning passion, pursues his dreams once again.



Shinhwa’s Kim Dongwan. The country’s best, longest-running group has achieved unparalleled popularity. During this time, he has also shown his potential as an actor. Having recently issued his 2nd album, “Secret”, he recalls how he has spent the last 10 years busying himself, and shares with us his blueprint for his next 10 years now that he has reached his 30s.

“Being a Shinhwa member for the past 10 years has burnt out my passion and I am trying to re-ignite the fire amongst the dust and ashes.” The past 10 years of glamourous memories, together with the obstacles lying ahead of Kim Dongwan, let us now take a look at what's in his brain.




▲To be No. 1: Although Shinhwa has topped the charts for countless times, the goal of being number 1 stays rooted in his head.

“I still miss the prizes. Haha. Because we were not popular during our first album, we did not even make it into the top 10, it was disappointing. The songs in my first solo album were not bad, and it topped the charts and this gave me the courage for my 2nd solo album. Being a singer for 10 years, I am not quite used to the emerging Electronica trend.”


▲To be a successful actor in his 30s: In the drama “Goodbye Sadness”, he has exhibited his mature acting skills. As Kim Dongwan will be enlisting into the army soon, he is troubled as to how to continue his acting career. Unlike other singer-actors, he has been taking on challenging roles, and not of the glamourous ones.

“When I was in my early 20s, I did dream of being Jo In Sung, Jang Dong Gun. However, that would not have been me. I want to live well through my 30s, and become a charismatic ajosshi.”


▲Korean medicine; anti-aging; dermatology; greenhouse effect; moving to a new house and mad cow disease: Kim Dongwan was once been nicknamed the “walking pharmacy” as he has extensive medical knowledge and will provide medicine to the people around him. When he heard that figure skater Kim Yeon Ah was hurt, he was keen to help and he also introduced physiotherapists to reporters too. Recently he has gained interest in Korean medicine.

"I am a very health-conscious person to begin with. Korean medicine aids in building up the immunity system. I am very interested in the benefits of omija and fleeceflower root. For males suffering from headaches, fleeceflower root is very effective. I'm interested in acupuncture too, how it helps to improve skin elasticity and skin tighteining."

Because of his meticulous nature, he has begun to notice his environment. “During the Asian tour, I experienced the air pollution in different countries. In China, I had a horrible sore throat. I hope to live in a place with clean air, and I'm moving to Bukaksan this month.”


▲Quit drinking: For health and anti-aging purposes, this is a must. It's time to think of his age. His alcohol capacity is about 2.5 to 3 bottles of soju. And his drinking habits? “When I'm drunk, I'll keep on telling jokes. Because I'm wide awake, I'd keep on laughing and the people around me will be happy, and continue drinking."

Hyesung is his best drinking buddy, “Hyesung’s alcohol limit is about the same as me. However, more often than not, Hyesung will get drunk first and lose consciousness. When I drink with him, I'd think 'You're even more drunk than me, I should be just fine', and I'd leave feeling at ease."


▲About his next generation: When people reach their 30s, they shouldn't delay plans for a family anymore. However the cautious Kim Dongwan is unable to start a relationship easily since he's not the type to make a move at first sight. "I'm bothered that I can't find a girlfriend. I'd observe from the sidelines, and once I even observed her for 3 years, even who she met and how she broke up."


▲The determination to love the members: What does it mean? "Everyone has gotten along very well for 10 years, but there were also times when we were upset with each other, or disappointed in each other. That's why among the 6 members the couple pairings tend to chage. Sometimes I'm with Hyesung, sometimes I'm with Eric, just like that. Although there are times I get angry or hurt, but I'll continue to love them.

To Kim Dongwan, the Shinhwa members are probably his harshest critics among his celebrity friends. "Actually their honesty can be very hurting, but that's because they don't want to see me end up looking like a fool. Other people won't even care if I end up looking like a fool."


▲Researching how to keep Shinhwa as his main source of income until he dies: "If I say the wrong thing I'll get scolded by the fans.... when I say main source of income, I mean that will be my main occupation. I watched Duran Duran live in concert not too long ago, and I felt that it would be so cool if we could still perform even when our hair turns grey. When the members get together for a drink we'd always say that by the time we're 60 we won't be able to dance on chairs anymore.

He once said in an interview that he devoted his youth to Shinhwa. What does Shinhwa mean to him then? "The sports car that I've always dreamed of. In a guy's heart, he would always have that very expensive sports car that he would want to own. You can say that Shinhwa is something that I'll want to treasure all my life."


Source: JES&oceans
Chi trans: jojoyu7@shinhwachina
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz
__________________

No comments: