Sunday, May 25, 2008

[08.05.20][trans] Junjin's past 10 years and his next 10 years



Even mountains can move within 10 years. Having made his debut with Shinhwa 10 years ago, Junjin has now embarked on his own extraordinary journey - he has just released his 1st solo album New Decade to mark his path for the next 10 years.

A wide variety of genres.... all performances are live

New Decade is an album that was produced through Junjin's blood, sweat and tears. He personally picked out the songs and was actively involved in the planning of the concert performance. There are dance tracks, ballads and other tracks of different genres. Junjin is now appearing in front of us not as Shinhwa's rapper, but as Junjin the singer. He tells us that "the other songs on the album were prepared with as much efforts as the title track."

The title track WA is a smoothtrack that combines the techno sound with a catchy melody. The chorus is powerful and addictive at the same time. Junjin says that he tried to make it as appealing to the masses as possible. As for the dance choreography, though he is confident, but he is not arrogant about his skills. The dance was revised 20 times in order to show the final product - a combination of straightfoward moves with power.

Since Shinhwa's early days, the members gained popularity through each member's unique appeal and their catchy songs. That kind of feeling helped Junjin to decide on WA as the title track. He practised a great deal for the song, and he also obtained suggestions from FTTS' Fany, Bubble Sisters, as well as Wheesung for the song. When he doesn't get the desired effect during practice, he would quietly sit in his car all alone and sing.

With his tireless efforts Junjin has little difficulty performing the songs live during performances. When fellow Shinhwa member Kim Dongwan saw his first performance, he gave two thumbs up, "It's live! I thought it was a music recording!" To this Junjin grins," It feels great to be a real singer where I can dance and sing live!"


"Performances, shows, fanmeetings are all good if I can promote my songs"

Junjin has been busying himself with appearances and activities. He held his first solo concert in Japan right after he released his album, and then proceeded to appear on all music programs to meet the fans. Fansigning sessions, variety shows and radio shows are also lined up on his schedule. Whatever he can do to promote his songs, he has done it.

"Everything that the comapny has arranged for me - radio shows, appearances, fanmeetings - as long as there's a chance for me to promote my songs I'll be there." In actual fact, it's not easy even for Junjin, who has been in the business for 10 years, to be appearing on variety shows. When appearing on such shows with Shinhwa, he's often the comic gem. Although it's tiring but he goes on, in order earn laughter from the audience.

When he's not cracking jokes, he'd have to dance, so it's rather stressful having to appear on variety shows. However for his album, he has enthusiatically taken on the appearances.

Junjin's also expected to start his solo promotion in countries like China, Thailand, Hong Kong, Malaysia. After that he will hold a concert back in Korea for the Korean fans. "I want the fans to see my charisma and appeal as a solo singer, and lately it has been very happy and relaxing for me to be on stage, so I will work even harder."

Owing to his passion, he has also managed to recover from his panic disorder which has dogged him for a long time. Among the Shinhwa members, Junjin has been the one implicated in the most rumors and scandals. Being hounded by these groundless rumors Junjin fell into depression and subsequently suffered from a panic disorder.

"People seemed to be looking at me and talking behind my back all the time, and I felt really tired of being afraid of strangers. If I worked hard on my activities I'd stop thinking like that."


"I want to be an actor like Cha Seung Won"

Although Junjin has started on his music activities, but he will have his chance to make his comeback to acting. After 2005's Let's Go To The Beach, Junjin hasn't taken part in any other acting projects. "I hope to show a brand new image through a drama, and even if it fails I will still push on."

"I'd like to be an actor like Cha Seung Won. He's got a great physical appearance but his acting skills are more than that. I'd like to show different sides of me through acting."

Throughout the interview, Junjin repeatedly says "I must do well for this album", and holds his hands firmly together. He switches on the computer and analyzes his own performances. Every word he says shows his love and passion for the album and his solo activities.

"Through this album I've come to understand myself better, where I stand, and other than working hard I'm not thinking about anything else."

Overseas activities, and an acting project has filled up the rest of Junjin's 2008 schedule. And he has also stopped seeing his model girlfriend since early this year. He only wants to move forward in his career.

"The way I'm busy right now is just right."

Junjin's face lights up with the passion for his next 10 years.


Source: CBS & O6
Chi trans: 维他命J@JUN临天下
Eng trans: midnightgirl13@shinhwabiz

No comments: