Sunday, May 25, 2008

[08.05.19] [news] Jun Jin and Kim Jang Hoon are Artists Suffering from Panic Disorder


(irrevelent sections ommitted)

The number of artists who admit that they are suffering from panic disorders are growing.

Panic disorder is a self preserving reaction when a person encounters a struggle similar to a fleeting response when a person is faced with a life threatening emergency. Fear surfaces when you feel that death or insanity near. Recently, in the SBS' drama "Golden Bride", the lead male actor Kang Joon Woo (Song Chang Yi) depicted a character suffering from panic disorder.

Shinhwa member Jun Jin through a recent interview said, "I received treatment for severe depression for a year and a half. After the treatment, I also found out that I suffer from panic disorder." He wanted to bring out into the open that he had panic disorder. "Due to the fear that someone was trying to kill me, I carried bamboo swords and baseball bats in my car," revealed Jun Jin. The panic disorder almost led him to leave Shinhwa.

Experts say, "Panic disorder is mainly caused by excessive amounts of stress, artists are constantly under a lot of stress due to competition, irregular lifestyle and being in the public's eye. These are a few of the factors that contribute to the high level of stress."

Source: My Daily
English Translation: HappyHeart7@shinhwabiz

No comments: