Tuesday, February 03, 2009

[09.02.01] Junjin: Not worried about ruining his image on variety shows

Singer Junjin, who has been active in both music and TV variety, has expressed confidence at becoming a multi-entertainer. He isn’t afraid of ruining his image on variety shows, and is instead very confident of establishing himself in different fields.

At the post-concert press conference for the 2009 K-Pop Super Live Concert in Tokyo, Junjin said, “I’m not worried about how different my image is on MBC’s Infinite Challenge. Variety is variety, and music is music. And acting would be a different thing altogether. I don’t think that my activities in each field would negatively impact each other.”

By this, Junjin means that no matter how different he acts on variety shows, his stage charisma will never change, and he is also able to pull off his acting roles at the same time. This is vastly different from many artistes who are concerned about how variety show appearances may affect their image.

Junjin elaborated, “Unlike the image I have as a singer where I show only the best of myself, on variety shows I would make mistakes and show the less glamorous side of me. I think this actually makes me feel more ‘real’ to everyone. Singing, acting and variety all have their different charms, so it’s hard to say which is more interesting and fun.”

He added, “After joining Infinite Challenge I really learnt a lot from the seniors. I learnt about what to do to make the show more interesting, and about society and life in general. I think this will help me a great deal for my music and acting. Besides being able to let myself go on variety shows, I’ll be able to be less inhibited on stage.”

“My idea of a multi-entertainer has changed. A multi-entertainer isn’t an artiste who merely tries his hand at singing, variety and acting; rather he is someone who can fully develop his potential in each field. Although I still have lots of room for improvement, but at the same time I believe that I’ll be able to accomplish each of my tasks well.”

Junjin will be releasing a new album in March, and at the same time he will also appear on MBC variety shows Infinite Challenge and We Got Married. To this he said, “I will show everyone multi-faceted Junjin, be it Junjin the singer, Junjin of Infinite Challenge, or Junjin of We Got Married.”

Source: asiaeconomy + newsen
Chi trans: jojoyu7@shinhwachina
Eng trans: midnightgirl13 @ absolutshinhwa.wordpress.com

No comments: